Wednesday 19 August 2015

, , ,

The Capital Solo

This is definitely not the first post I've written about London and it probably won't be the last. If you know me at all then you'll know that I kind of really love me a slice of London. So it was only fitting that for my 20th birthday I take a trip there by myself to explore more of the city. Having never been on my own before I was actually feeling very confident that I could do it all. And let me tell you , I nailed it! The trains, the tubes (fun with the strike), finding my hotel, and generally finding my way around. Luckily I knew my way quite well anyways so that helped a lot. 3 days there and by the end I didn't want to leave.



I really liked the solitary metal box theng. I liked how everyone ignored it and walked right on by without a second glance.




Walking along Piccadilly I found myself faced with this geometric cloud sculpture. That's what you get when you're curious and not entirely sure where you're gonna end up.


I can't remember what this little inside shopping area was called but it was extremely fancy and I was not worthy. Let's just say it lead to New Bond Street.



My curiosity lead me to my crib for the night. I'd never seen the palace in the physicality before so this was a great surprise to stumble upon.




The dream car on the way to South Bank. Mwah!





The evening was drawing in on my last night and I decided to take a seat in front of Big Ben. I saw Koray Hussein taking a photo on the steps for Maybeldner's instagram. Not realising who it was I later messaged him on instagram about the happy coincidence. 


Finishing where I began, in Trafalgar Square. I loved the lighting. It was on the verge of it being completely dark and all the lights were on. My favourite time to be in the city. 
My love affair with London will be never ending and I already miss it. 
One day I shall call it home, although it already feels like it to me. 

Thanks for reading.

All links are in red.

G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.