Friday 5 September 2014

, , ,

Essential Flats

I've only been away from the blog for a couple days but it feels like forever ago that I posted. I hope you have been liking my outfit posts though. Today is all about shoes, flat ones. I love a good pair of heels, they can look so flattering for a woman, but being about 5ft10 in height means that any extra height gives me the appropriate name of the Big Friendly Giant. Cheers Primary School, that one stuck. So I'm going to show you 4 pairs of flats, that are versatile in everyday life and can be switched up for the evening.


The Ballet Shoe




We all need them. You more than likely already own a pair. They can be found super cheap at somewhere like Primark. I got mine from H&M for £9.99. Perhaps a bit expensive for a shoe like this but they will have their fair share of wearing. Easy to throw on with pretty much anything and if you're like me and really can't take the pain of heels on a night out, here's the answer.


Trainers/ Sneakers




Again, you probably already own a pair of the classic Converse. They are so easy to wear, comfy and look good. They come in a range of colours/ patterns so very versatile depending on what you like. I also have a burgundy pair but these are my most worn. You could switch these out for a pair of actually trainers that may be more supportive like the Nike Free 5.0 Shield ID's.


Brogue Style




These are my Doc Marten 1461's. Sturdy, go with loads of things and look the part. Obviously there are lots of different styles of brogues you can buy, some that are perhaps not as chunky as these. They really help smarten up an outfit. Whether you want to go down the smart, casual, smart route, or team them with a work outfit. I never used to be a fan of brogues but now I love them. Especially the patent ones. They just add that extra little bit of interest. 


Boots




Finally is a recent purchase of mine. I'd been on the look for a pair of boots like these for quite some time. I featured them in my last post here. They work well with rolled up skinny jeans, shorts, skirts, day dresses, lots of things. These'd be great for a casual evening drinks with skinny black high waist trousers, and bright crop top. The tiny heel gives them more proportion I think and the two wraps around them with the buckles isn't too much but enough to make them more interesting.
All of these shoes are super interchangeable with outfits. I wear them all lots (not at the same time though) and they each add something slightly different to the outfit. 
After doing this post I realise that pretty much all my shoes are black. Side not- be more adventurous with shoe choices.
All links are in red to take you straight to buy/browse items.
Thanks for reading.

G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.