Tuesday 9 September 2014

, , ,

Uni. Homeware

I'm returning to uni for my second year on sunday and I have to say I am more then ready to to move back out. Yesterday I took it upon myself to go buy a few little bits of homeware pieces. Since I am now living with people I have chosen to live with, the level of trust between housemates has risen, so I felt like I could buy a few nicer pieces to take with me. 
I'll tell you a little story about my first year to begin. I started the year with 2 dinner plates, 2 side plates, 2 bowls, 3 forks, 3 knives, 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons. So your average set of crockery and cutlery yes?
Lets fast forward to the end of first year and what I am left with. A plate, and about 7 different spoons. So my spoons breaded and the rest of the group decided to wonder off and not return. Each to their own. So as you can tell, I was in need of a shop. 



I headed to Debenhams for a couple of dinner and side plates. Accidentally bought a mug as well. I'm a sucker for a good homeware store so not having a very friendly budget and being in these kinds of stores can be somewhat torturous. However I found these mint coloured plates (gorgeous) for £7 each and the bowls £5 each.  And it just so happens the mug matches perfectly. I love when a plan comes together.




These are like the cutest cutlery set. They were £12 from Next. They come in red too but for me that was a bit too much with the hearts as well. These will not be wondering off this year, and if they do, I will hunt them down and kick their ass (Friends reference there).




I'm all about that variety life when it comes to mugs and boy did I achieve that. I didn't buy all these at once but I wouldn't say no if I saw them all at the same time. 

1) Heart Mug - Debenhams
2) Walls Ice Cream Tin Cup - Lakeland (no longer sold)
3) Green/ Turqoise Mug - Tesco
4) Union Jack Cup - Given as a gift (£3 in store)
5) White Spotty Mug - Given as Gift
6) Eeyore mug - Given as gift

Thanks for reading.

G x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma! Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog so I nominated you for the Liebster Award. The info is over on my blog http://simplysarahelizabeth4.blogspot.com/
    Sarah xx
    P.S. love love love the heart mug, I have a mug collection that is rapidly getting out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thank you so much :D Ooooh this is so exciting :D And yes I'm all about that mug life haha Thanks again :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.