Tuesday 11 November 2014

, , ,

My Charts | 3

I'm always looking to find new music and artists and I've definitely done that this past month. I thought I'd share with you all to perhaps introduce you to someone you've never heard of, or make you aware of what's out there. I'm no expert, but these are 5 songs that are doing the job for me lately.

1) Desire - Years & Years

I was introduced to Years & Years by my brother. He recently went to see Clean Bandit and these guys were the support act. After hearing this song of theirs I was instantly hooked. Plus their album artwork for Desire is amazing if you ask me. They've recently released a video for this song too (linked in red above).



2) Chasing Time - Azalea Banks

I think I am right in believing that this was a much anticipated album with Azealia's release of '212' about 2 years ago. The album 'Broke with Expensive Taste'  was released just 2 days ago and Chasing Time just stood out for me. It may not be everyones cup of tea but I'm all over it. 



3) Take Shelter - Years & Years

Yes it's these guys again but all of the songs they've released so far I really like so I thought I'd throw a second one in here. Their lead singer is Olly Alexander who was in the most recent series of Skins. Little fact for you there. Once again, alum artwork appreciation please.



4) Real Love - Clean Bandit

I've lost count of how many times I've mentioned these guys on here but they continue to impress. A new song from them featuring Jess Glynne. They are re-releasing their album New Eyes with some extra, new songs and a second side with an orchestra collaboration which is perfectly fitting considering they are all about that sound with the violin and cello.



5) Medicine - The 1975

The movie 'Drive' featuring Ryan Gosling was re-scored and this new song of The 1975 featured in the soundtrack. It is safe to say I have a very strong love for these guys (especially Matty) and whilst this song is very mellow it still represents their well known sound. So good one guys, you have my approval.



So there we have it, my top 5 songs at the moment. Have any of you heard of Years and Years before because I'm obsessed? If not are you liking any of the same songs as me?
Thanks for reading.

G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.