Thursday 7 August 2014

, , , ,

Nail Game

I've got a little something new, a little something i've not done before here on my blog, a tutorial might I add. For some fancy pants nails. Well to my standard of nail art i'd say they were pretty darn fancy. Last night I had a little play around with nail polish and tried a few different things until I came to a result that worked for me and wasn't too difficult to achieve. And it just so happens that i'm going to be sharing said nail look with you here today.  


First things first are my top coats. I always go in with the Nail HQ Strengthener. I bought this from my local Tesco store and believe it was about £7 but i'm afraid I can't find a link for this. Not seen any major results from this 'strengthener' so I'm on the look out for the Sally Hansen version of it. Over it I put the Collection Polish in Crystal Clear. Great thing about these is they dry quickly.



Next I use 2 coats of Barry M's Caroussel. I mentioned this in a previous post here. Limited edition so go get it quick.




 Nail Art pen time. I got a set of 3 from Primark for £1. Absolute bargain and they do the job. There was a black, pink and this white one. It has two kinds of tips. More of a pen kind of thing and then a thin brush too. I'm going to use the pen tip to draw some lines over the colour I already put down to get this result.....


Of course you could draw absolutely anything over the top as you can be versatile with the nail art pens. One more step to go.


The top coat. This has to be my all time favourite top coat. It's pretty much instantly drying so you don't have to sit around waiting for the nails to dry. And it gives a really great shine. Definitely recommend this Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. Not too expensive either at around £6.


I just wanted to show the difference of with and without it so you can see a better comparison. What do you think? More shine? It also levels out the raised parts from the nail art pen to give a smooth, bump free finish too. All pros here I think.



So there you have it, a nail look thats fairly quick and easy to do. Obviously you can inter-change the colours and pattern you create to get some more fun, creative ideas upon those nail buds of yours. Do you like it? Let me know what you think. All links are in red.

G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.