Saturday 26 July 2014

, ,

My Charts

Greetings!
In one week it'll be August! What?! Already? That means my blogging everyday in July is nearly up. I'm really enjoying doing it everyday. It's kind of become just part of my daily routine and fits in really nicely so I'm probably going to carry on with the daily posts. It'll just feel weird if i'm not doing this every day now. Side note finished, on with the post.
It's all about music again today. My second music post in about 6 months. I'm going to share 5 songs I'm really into at the moment. Must warm you though that it's quite a mish mash genre wise, but my iTunes library varies from, Frank Ocean to The Pretty Reckless to Jay-Z.
I think a collab. of these 3 wouldn't be something in the pipe lines I think you'll agree.

1) Alt-J - Tesselate
I had heard the name Alt-J a lot and never took an interest because from the name it sounds like yet another boy band. I couldn't have been further from the truth if I tried. Their music is to me, relaxing and something to listen to whilst lying in the sun just chilling out. Tesselate is definitely my favourite from their album An Awesome Wave. I really like the way his voice sounds in it. I don't know band member names so excuse me on that one. This song just sends me into a calm, happy state and I really love it. Do recommend.

MNEK has a distinctive voice I think. All of the songs he's released or featured in have all been so good. I love singing along to his music and this song is no different. Has a great beat and bass line to it which just completes the package and seals the deal.

3) Gorgon City - Unmissable
A new release from Gorgon City. The bass lines on their songs are so different from what I've heard before. Very recognisable as being theirs. I feel this song has a summer vibe to so it'll probably be on repeat a lot for me. Just like MNEK (who has featured in a song of theirs) I've loved every song they've released. There's just something different and refreshing about their music.

4) Jack and Dean - Consent 
Jack and Dean are a youtube comedy duo and they released this song which does have a serious point but is put across in a fun way. It's about the fact that it's okay to say no to the guy or change your mind if you want to. I quote 'only with your consent'. You should definitely go check it out if you haven't already. The chorus is very catchy and the video is funny. A memorable song.

5) Clean Bandit - Come Over
Clean Bandit released their album a while ago now but this is a new video for them coming out just a few days ago. They are always so creative when it comes to their videos and they film them all themselves. Some of it was filmed in Marrakech and has some gorgeous imagery in this video. But the song is so good as well. It's my favourite off their New Eyes album. I've been listening to these guys for about 3 or 4 years now so i'm always excited when they release new content. An uplifting, fun song. 

Hope you like my choices for this post. It's what i'm listening to a lot at the moment. As ever, links are in red. Thanks for reading and let me know if you like any of these songs or if you recommend any others.
G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.