Sunday 8 March 2015

, , , , ,

I Be Antwerpen

Last week I took a trip to Antwerp in Belgium with uni. A trip to explore, draw, and generally have a good time. I managed to tick all of these boxes. 3 full days to get to know the place was plenty to see everything we wanted and spend too much money on books, but you can never have enough books right? 
We travelled by couch and the euro tunnel. A very long journey of about 8 hours on a couch is not something I'd recommend. Traveling down England, under the sea, through France and into Belgium we arrived late afternoon and with enough time to have a quick explore and have food.
On our first full  day we hit up the zoo and aquarium.













Walking through the train station to get to the zoo and the interior was amazing. If you know me, then you know I'm a sucker for a good interior and this one lived up to my expectations.
Second day we went to Brugge. Not gonna lie, it's not much to brag about. It has a beer brewery tour, a small museum and tonnes of chocolate shops because it's Belgium and they know how to do chocolate. 
So moving right onto our last full day it was full of exploring any parts we wanted to, going back to book stores (and buying more books obviously), eating waffles and drinking cocktails.





Loving the bits of street art we kept finding everywhere.



I loved the architecture around the place. Literally amazes to think someone has made these buildings.


Quick Bubble Tea stop before we continue.



Yet more amazing architecture.


Our hotel had lots of cacti so I chose this one as my favourite. Tumblr much?
Antwerp's a lovely place, but it's no Italy. I'm glad I went as I always love going to new places but I don't think I'll be returning any time soon. I got the drawings and pictures I wanted so I left a satisfied customer.
Anyone else ever been to Antwerp? What did you think of it?

Thanks for reading.

G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.