Sunday 24 August 2014

, , ,

Highlight of my Life

Along with my love for bronzers, comes a close second of highlighters. My collection of these may not add up to the amount of bronzers I own, but I've still got time for them to level peg. I will however, talk about the ones I do have. I think I may have featured them in posts before, but lets get into the nitty gritty. 


3 different ones for you today, with a mix of affordable and high end. And by a mix I mean one affordable.



 You've heard of this one right? Macs Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. If you haven't seen it before then you heard it here first so go tell everyone you know haha. At £23 it's on the pricey side but that's Mac for you. For me it gives a lot of highlight on my pale complexion. Probably the most out all 3 of these. I have to use a loose brush to apply this. You know, a brush where the bristle aren't all tightly packed. I must learn technical terms for brushes. Enough product is picked up with one good swirl and it lasts me the whole day.



I bought this just for the sake of it. It's Soap and Glory's Love at First Blush in Pink, Pop and Pearl. When all the colours are mixed together on the brush I think it makes a great dupe for the Mac product and at £11 it's pretty much half the price. I wouldn't say it was as pigmented as Macs but with a couple good swirls of the product the same effect can be achieved as Soft and Gentle. 



The final one is Nars Multiple in Copacabana. This one has to be my favourite. Easy to apply as no brush is really needed. I will say that I didn't get on with this one when I first bought it. It was my first highlighter so I didn't really know what I was doing, but now I really love it. If you prefer creamier products then you'll probably like this. It's the most expensive at £30 but it will last a long time. I apply it directly to my cheeks and then blend with a brush but you could just use your fingers to blend. This doesn't last as long as Macs but I don't really mind too much. It give a lovely glow that looks more natural and leaves a slight shimmer as it begins to come off throughout the day, which is subtle but still catches the light slightly. 


The Nars one is whiter with the Soap and Glory having a slight pinkness to it. I guess Macs could be a kind of mix of the two. All are however, subtle and suitable for everyday use so you are going to be getting your moneys worth with them all. You just might have to save up for a bit longer for some. 
If you have any more questions about the products then leave a comment below, i'd be happy to answer them. Otherwise all links are in red to take you straight to the sites.
Thanks for reading.

G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.